Re: [css3-background] Restore box-decoration-break

On Mar 4, 2014, at 11:45 AM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:
> On 04/03/2014 19:06, Glenn Adams wrote:
> Cox would like to see box-decoration-break restored to this
> specification rather than postponed to Level 4.
>
> Hi,
>
> The property is not postponed to Backgrounds and Borders Level 4, it has been moved to the Fragmentation module:
>
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-break/#break-decoration
>
> ok, thanks for correcting that; in any case, Cox is concerned that moving it into another spec will delay it being published in a final (REC) form, as compared to leaving it in B&B3

Given that REC requires 2+ implementations passing test cases for the feature, this concern suggests we have 1) sufficient test case coverage of box-decoration-break to establish that 2) there is a good interop. Do we have 1) and the data for 2) ? Or is Cox maybe offering to share the testcases in 1) that confirm 2) ?

I think it’s great if box-decoration-break is interoperable; but if it’s not there yet, holding back REC for a number of B&B features with better cross-UA support may not be a better trade-off.