Re: [css-fonts-3] i18n-ISSUE-300: ja-jp too verbose

From: ֿ Bobby Tung <bobbytung@wanderer.tw>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 12:37:56 +0800
Cc: www International <www-international@w3.org>, W3C Style <www-style@w3.org>
To: Gunnar Bittersmann <gunnar@bittersmann.de>
> Im as confused as Jens. No need for JP and keeping language tags as short as possible means to prefer *:lang(ja) over *:lang(ja-jp).

It would be better, Japanese is normalize everywhere.

> And wouldnt an example using *:lang(zh-Hant) be more appropriate than *:lang(zh-tw)?

But I don't agree replace zh-tw by zh-Hant, because zh-Hant is used in Hongkong and Taiwan.

There are some glyphs come from Cantonese just used on Hongkong's context, Not all Traditional Chinese font contains those glyphs.

So zh-tw and zh-hk would be better for usage.

Gunnar Bittersmann <gunnar@bittersmann.de>  2013/9/13 U4:15 gDG