Re: [shadowdom]: Using :root to specify the insertion point in ::distributed

On 03/27/2013 09:37 AM, fantasai wrote:

>> The issue with that is that we run into the exact same problem with
>> ::shadow() - if you want to select only the top-level elements inside
>> of a shadow root, what selector do you use?  Do we invent *another*
>> pseudoclass that's identical except for the name?
>
> So I think you should come up with a different solution to this.

I thought we had talked about this exact use case before, actually,
and were planning to use scope-relative selectors to solve it.
So

   ::distributed(> li)

would select all <li> elements immediately a child of the insertion point.
I think this makes the most sense.

~fantasai