De : Behrang Saeedzadeh
Envoyé : ‎25‎ ‎mars‎ ‎2013 ‎10‎:‎16
À : W3C CSS Mailing List
Objet : Any events fired when an overflow:hidden container causes some child elements to get hidden?

Hi,

Let's pretend that there's a tall vertical div that is used as a container for menu items, similar to Google+ or the upcoming Facebook News Feed.

When the height of the browser is reduced some menu items get hidden. In such a case, usually a more button is shown that when clicked shows the hidden elements.

One way to do this is by listening to window resize events but that might cause some smoothness issues. It should be possible to hack a solution using dynamically generated media queries as well. Google+, I assume to reduce complexity and lack of a reliable solution, always shows the more button no matter if anything is hidden or not.

But I think it would be helpful to know when an overflown element is hidden/shown via events. What do you think? And is this something that is being worked on?

Cheers,
Behrang Saeedzadeh
http://www.behrang.org