Re: Comments on CSS3 Text Decoration

On 02/02/2013 12:29 PM, fantasai wrote:
> On 02/01/2013 01:10 PM, Phillips, Addison wrote:
>>
> I noticed your original comments to the i18nwg also included
>    " - this is an incomplete looking definition. Define to include all whitespace?"
>
> So I also made the change to include all of Unicode general category Z.
> I'm not sure if this is correct for the Ogham Space Mark U+1680, but
> it's probably ok. Unsure about the Mongolian Vowel Separator, but I'm
> following up by asking Martin Heijdra about that...
>
>    http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-text-decor-3/#text-decoration-skip-property
>
> However, this brings up an issue: what about the visible "spaces", e.g.
> Ethiopic Word Space U+1361? Should those also be skipped if the style
> you're going for is skipping spaces between words? Or do people not
> skip visible word separators the way we sometimes skip spaces in our
> underlining?

Ok, so the final text at the moment says to skip:
   * all characters in Unicode general category Z
   * all "word separator" characters, as defined in CSS3 Text:
     currently includes the space (U+0020), the no-break space (U+00A0),
     the Ethiopic word space (U+1361), the Aegean word separators (U+10100,U+10101),
     the Ugaritic word divider (U+1039F), the Phoenician Word Separator (U+1091F)

Comments welcome.

~fantasai