W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-style@w3.org > December 2013

Re: [css-values] interpolate() function

From: Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 10:19:25 -0800
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Lea Verou <lea@verou.me>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CEC4B1FB.116EC%galineau@adobe.com>

On 12/3/13 10:55 AM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Lea Verou <lea@verou.me> wrote:
>> On Dec 3, 2013, at 00:39, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Yeah, I've thought about this before.  I'm in favor of it.
>> Great! Anyone else?
>> Btw, I've noticed many authors don't know what interpolation means,
>>even native English speakers, so perhaps we need a different name than
>>interpolate(). I've thought of combine() but it doesn't make sense for
>>e.g. lengths. Definitely not cross-fade() though, that's confusing even
>>for images (for which it was designed).
>More synonyms for combine() could be blend() or mix().

Given the mix-blend-mode property I'm not sure either of these would
clarify things.

Received on Wednesday, 4 December 2013 18:19:56 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 25 March 2022 10:08:37 UTC