[css-fonts-3] Case-sensitivity of font family names

From: Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 14:13:48 -0500
To: W3C WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>
Hey guys—

I vaguely remember the specs say that font family names are
case-sensitive. I know empirically, on the other hand, that
implementations are treating these names case-insensitively.

I can’t for the love of it find where any spec actually mandates
case-sensitivity though (CSS 2.1 and 3 both seem to be vague
[1,2])—what do I miss?

And, either way, I wonder whether this got adjusted to match
implementations, or whether there are plans to do so?

Cheers,
 Jens.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/fonts.html#font-family-prop
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-fonts/#font-family-prop