RE: [css3-fonts] font-size-adjust auto issue

I like the idea of allowing 'font-size-adjust' use the specific font as a value target, e.g.

font-family: Verdana, Futura, sans-serif;
font-size-adjust: Verdana;

Allowing a specific, predefined font be set as a target will in fact make this property easier to use and have much more deterministic behavior, but there is always a risk that the font in question may not be available on a platform or it may be a webfont that needs to be downloaded first.

However, there is one caveat with allowing generic-family names (i.e. <serif>, <sans-serif>) as value - the results of the adjustment will still be unknown. It is an improvement compared to using the 'auto' value but a very marginal improvement nevertheless.

Cheers,
Vlad