Re: [css3-speech] Is "speak-header" deprecated, obsolete, or just overlooked in the draft?

Hi James, I remember discussing this with a screen reader user (blind
person), who thought that the special rendering treatment of
information structures such as tables and lists should be the
responsibility of the user agent (i.e. web browser, reading system, etc.)
- not of the content author - because users should be able to choose
from various
verbosities when exploring complex data sets (based on personal preference,
or experience/fluency depending on the informational context). Content
authors would still be expected to supply speech "styles" for tables and
such like, albeit at a lower granularity level (e.g. cell *contents* only).
Another remark was that the property was underspecified anyway, not
representative of the state of the art with regards to table navigation
using screen readers.

Unfortunately I cannot find a public record of my above explanation, but
here is a related link for future reference:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Dec/0235.html

Regards, Daniel