W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-style@w3.org > October 2012

Re: [css3-writing-modes] before/after terminology alternative? - FO and CSS names

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 09:01:30 +0200
Message-ID: <50766ECA.1060705@kozea.fr>
To: Philippe Wittenbergh <ph.wittenbergh@l-c-n.com>
CC: liam@w3.org, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, "public-i18n-cjk@w3.org" <public-i18n-cjk@w3.org>
Le 11/10/2012 08:46, Philippe Wittenbergh a écrit :
> 'block-before' sounds a bit strange when one wants to apply the
> equivalent of 'padding-top' to an inline (or inline-block) element.
> Or does the 'block' part refer to a direction ?

Yes. I can only guess, but I think that 'block-before' means "before, in 
the block progression direction". But now that you mention it, I see 
that it only makes sense when you’re familiar with the idea of block 
progression direction.

Simon Sapin
Received on Thursday, 11 October 2012 07:02:02 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 25 March 2022 10:08:22 UTC