Re: [css3-writing-modes] before/after terminology alternative? - FO and CSS names

Le 11/10/2012 08:46, Philippe Wittenbergh a écrit :
> 'block-before' sounds a bit strange when one wants to apply the
> equivalent of 'padding-top' to an inline (or inline-block) element.
>
> Or does the 'block' part refer to a direction ?

Yes. I can only guess, but I think that 'block-before' means "before, in
the block progression direction". But now that you mention it, I see
that it only makes sense when you’re familiar with the idea of block
progression direction.

--
Simon Sapin