W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-style@w3.org > October 2012

Re: [css3-writing-modes] before/after terminology alternative? - FO and CSS names

From: Philippe Wittenbergh <ph.wittenbergh@l-c-n.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 15:46:22 +0900
Cc: liam@w3.org, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, "public-i18n-cjk@w3.org" <public-i18n-cjk@w3.org>
Message-Id: <5BBEB0BD-6D60-431A-A1EF-0468A40F2F2B@l-c-n.com>
To: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>

Le 11 oct. 2012 à 15:36, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr> a écrit :

>> Terms like block-before and inline-after might be
>> really clear.
> I don’t know if we had this proposal before, but I like it! The keywords are a bit longer, but I think that the clarity is really needed.

'block-before' sounds a bit strange when one wants to apply the equivalent of 'padding-top' to an inline (or inline-block) element. 

Or does the 'block' part refer to a direction ?

Philippe Wittenbergh
Received on Thursday, 11 October 2012 06:46:56 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 25 March 2022 10:08:22 UTC