Re: Any plans to add a method for suppressing white space between inline-block elements?

On 11/24/2012 03:53 PM, Ambrose LI wrote:

> I’m glad this issue is being worked out. Although just a stylistic
> issue for English (and other languages that use spaces between words),
> this is a much more serious (IMHO) problem for languages that don’t
> use spaces between words, such as Chinese. In effect we are forced to
> either forego source code readability by writing entire paragraphs on
> a single line, or use HTML comments, neither of which is really a
> satisfactory solution.

Currently, CSS3 Text tries to address this problem with the collapsing
rules here:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-text/#line-break-transform

IE implements something along those lines, but none of the other
browsers do. Koji and I think the rules in the spec right now are
probably the right behavior; but there's an open question on
Web-compatibility. (CSS2.1 left this particular issue undefined.)

~fantasai