Re: [selectors4] :empty psuedo class and input fields

On 03/12/2012 11:03 AM, Stefan Wallin wrote:
> This strikes a chord with me, I'd really like to see the possibility to
> style input fields that do not fit to be classed as required but are
> still empty to be styled differently. Today this has to be done with DOM
> scripting, neither input[value=""] or input:empty works as I think it
> should work.

This use case can already be solved like this:
input:required:invalid {
}

Assuming you are using the required attribute as specified in HTML.

Regarding the general proposal. That might be useful assuming there are
use cases different from the one above.

--
Mounir