Re: [css3-exclusions] remove <fill-rule> from "polygon()" syntax

(I hope I fixed the quoting correctly)

On 8/28/12 12:17 PM, "Bear Travis" <betravis@adobe.com> wrote:

>On 8/28/12 11:29 AM, "Dirk Schulze" <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>>On Aug 28, 2012, at 8:50 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>I don't see how that works, if shape functions are going to be usable
>>>in multiple properties.
>>
>>We have clip-rule and fill-rule. So where is the problem?
>
>What would the effect be on CSS Exclusions? [1]
>
>It seems like the css for specifying a shape-inside [2] would change from
>{
>shape-inside: polygon(evenOdd, 0 0, 10px 0, 5px 10px 0 0);
>}
>{
>shape-inside: polygon(0 0, 10px 0, 5px 10px, 0 0);
>fill-rule: evenOdd;
>}
>
>Is this correct?
>
>-Bear
>
>[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-exclusions/
>[2] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-exclusions/#shape-inside-property

Bear,

I believe that's what Dirk is asking for. But it sounds to me like it
would need to be an additional property per
property-that-accepted-shape-syntax (fill-rule, clip-rule - what about
shape-inside-rule and shape-outside-rule?). And these new properties would
only apply if the polygon syntax was used. I think it might be better kept
as a parameter in the polygon function.

Thanks,

Alan