Re: [Syntax Level 3]

On 8/28/12 3:37 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> This isn't hard.  It is, however, inelegant and *useless*.  There is
> absolutely no reason to allow this, and it would simplify parsers the
> spec and parsers to disallow it.

Actually, it would make the Gecko parser more complicated, because there
would have to be a special "get the next token even if it's a comment"
tokenizer mode or something.  Right now getting the next token can
always skip over comments, which it wouldn't be able to do with your
proposed change.

So I don't think this is simpler for parsers, in general.  It might be
simpler for _your_ particular idea of a parser, perhaps.

-Boris