Re: [CSS21] overflow and table-cell element

On 8/9/12 11:59 PM, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
> I've added 'table-layout: fixed' to the test and the necessary table
> objects into
>
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/overflow-applies-to-007a-version2.xht
>
> and all browsers are still failing that version2 test, as coded.

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#fixed-table-layout says:

   The table's width may be specified explicitly with the 'width'
   property. A value of 'auto' (for both 'display: table' and 'display:
   inline-table') means use the automatic table layout algorithm.

so you're still getting the same behavior as "table-layout: auto"
because your table doesn't have a fixed width....

> Thank you for your quick and accurate reply. I appreciate this.

No problem.  ;)

-Boris