Re: [CSS21] overflow and table-cell element

Le Ven 10 août 2012 0:03, Boris Zbarsky a écrit :
> On 8/9/12 11:59 PM, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
>> I've added 'table-layout: fixed' to the test and the necessary table
>> objects into
>>
>> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/overflow-applies-to-007a-version2.xht
>>
>> and all browsers are still failing that version2 test, as coded.
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#fixed-table-layout says:
>
>    The table's width may be specified explicitly with the 'width'
>    property. A value of 'auto' (for both 'display: table' and 'display:
>    inline-table') means use the automatic table layout algorithm.
>
> so you're still getting the same behavior as "table-layout: auto"
> because your table doesn't have a fixed width....

Doh! I understand now.

Thank you again for your accurate reply.

I'll probably submit later version3 and version4 as 007a and 007b into the
test suite:

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/overflow-applies-to-007a-version3.xht

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/overflow-applies-to-007a-version4.xht

Gérard