Re: [css3-images] Gradient Magic

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com> wrote:
> From: Tab Atkins Jr. [mailto:jackalmage@gmail.com]
>> I'm still strongly of the opinion that doing anything magical here is a bad idea
>
> That's also a great argument for making the corner gradients no doing their existing magic, but instead just snap to the corner.

Yes, snapping is easier to explain, but it works only for cases that
there's a point exactly at 50% of the gradient line.

The square-box-and-fill model works better with the "object-fit"
property and it's "fill" value. In fact, having a solution based on
the object-fit property, there is the possibility to support yet a few
more methods, like "cover", which is also impossible to implement
using the current features. Also, note that "object-fit: contain" is
equivalent to "45deg" or "135deg".

-Behnam

--
    '     بهنام اسفهبد