Re: [css3-mediaqueries] tv and screen media types

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 20:45:51 +0200, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I suggest that the 'tv', 'handheld', and 'projection' media types be
> allowed to match at the same time as a 'screen' media type.  That way
> Google TV could use both 'screen' and 'tv' media types.

I think we should just admit defeat on 'tv' and 'handheld' and let Media
Queries reign.

> As well,
> Opera could use both 'screen' and 'projection' when the browser was
> fullscreened, and both 'screen' and 'handheld' on phone browsers.
> (Other browsers could as well, of course.)

I think that over time 'projection' will be replaced by the full screen
API, which has its own Selectors additions that should be sufficient for
styling.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/