RE: [css3-transitions] shorthand/longhand handling in transition property

What dbaron and I are saying is that the spec effectively says you should:
expand the shorthands in transition-property then apply the duplicate
handling rule.

This is not what b) is about at all.

> > The problem with b) is that we're saying two transitions may be
> running on the same
> > shorthand but I very much doubt that's desirable. I don't think we
> can or should
> > collapse duplicates in some cases and not others.
>
> I'm sorry, but I can't understand this paragraph at all.

Look at b) again. What it means to say is that if you don't handle
the two border-right-widths as duplicates - i.e. one of them 'wins' -
then you have both the shorthand and the longhand transitioning the same
property, possibly at different speeds. That's not good.

I think we want to resolve duplicates before transitioning, whether
the duplication is explicit - the authors wrote it that way - or
implicit through the use of shorthands+longhands or a keyword like 'all'.