RE: [css3-transitions] shorthand/longhand handling in transition property

> From: L. David Baron [mailto:dbaron@dbaron.org]

> I think that should be considered duplication of border-right-width.
> I think the "(either on its own or via a shorthand that contains
> it)" makes the spec reasonably clear that that's the case.

That was my reading as well.

> > In other words, should this be equivalent to (a):
> >
> > transition-property: border-top-width, border-bottom-width, border-
> left-width, border-right-width;
> > transition-duration: 3s, 3s, 3s, 1s;
> >
> > Or (b):
> >
> > transition-property: border-top-width, border-right-width, border-
> bottom-width, border-left-width, border-right-width;
> > transition-duration: 3s, 3s, 3s, 3s, 1s;
>
> The latter, although I don't see how the difference is detectable.

If you always treat it as a duplicate then the last specified duration
applies to border-right-width regardless of the ordering of
transition-property.

If you don't treat it as a duplicate then the duration for border-right-width
depends on where it is in the list and/or you may end up with odd repetitions.

You can try the attached testcase in Firefox 4 vs. Chrome 7.