Re: [css3-transitions] In transition-property: all, <property>, is <property> a duplicate ?

On Friday 2010-10-22 22:42 +0000, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> Firefox and Opera certainly seem correct per the syntax. My only concern
> is whether this is what authors expect, specifically in the first case where
> one might expect a default duration for all but overridden for width.
>
> WebKit's implementation also behaves as one would expect per the duplicate
> rule so authors don't have to remember that all is a special case. Lastly,
> this does allow them to set a default duration for all animatable property
> together with a few chosen exceptions. If all is a stand-alone value, there
> doesn't seem to be a practical way to do that.

Yeah, changing the spec to allow 'all' to be special within a list
makes sense to me.

I'm not sure if it makes sense for 'none', though, but I guess
there's no harm, and it makes things more consistent.  (Flipping a
property to 'none' could save authors from having to remove an entry
from parallel lists for the other properties.)

-David