RE: [css3-fonts] opentype font feature support

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:23 PM <jackalmage@gmail.com>:

>When we have UA-specific behavior like this, the convention seems to
>be to use 'auto' rather than 'normal', right?  'normal' implies
>determinism in the application of the property.

Tab,

Tell me what you mean by "determinism in the application of the property" as a deciding factor in choosing "auto" versus "normal" to mean what, in other contexts outside of CSS, is often "default".
Do you mean that if the behavior is loosely defined and there's a lot of wiggle room for the UA, "auto" is preferred?

Regards,

Rich