RE: [css3-background] border-radius color transitions using gradients recommended but undefined

Should we ask authors and implementors alike to offer screenshots
of what they think the gradient should be in a core set of scenarios then ?

If the results are all over the map then we should not recommend that
each UA forces its own best guess on everyone that uses border-radius with several
border colors; given the strong possibility that the result will change again when
CSS4 either specifies it or gives authors full control, authors will simply stick
to one-color borders when border-radius is involved or try to fall back to border-image
to get the interoperable result *they* want.

(As for those authors who did depend on the gradient they get in their browser - e.g. they're
working in a single-browser intranet environment - they can only hope a future version
won't make all their gradient borders look ugly to them when it supports the latest CR).

If the proposed renderings do coalesce, however, then we can and should attempt to specify it during
the CR period.