Re: [css3-background] border-radius color transitions using gradients recommended but undefined

On Jan 26, 2010, at 9:35 AM, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:

> There are actually not too many alternatives.
>
> The most viable solution is to a) use conic gradient in the area (B) on this image: http://www.terrainformatica.com/w3/border-radius-transition-areas-fig.png
> Center of conic gradient is right/bottom corner of the area (B).
>
> Here are examples of gradients on border radius (renderings in htmalyout and Sciter engines):
>
> Using method (B):
> http://www.terrainformatica.com/w3/round-corners-sciter-b.png
>
> And for the record the same but using method (A) on the figure above:
> http://www.terrainformatica.com/w3/round-corners-sciter.png
>
> Note case #10. (B) variant I think is least controversial.

I actually much prefer the method used in case "D" of the Candidate Recommendation (the dark green area)[1], in which the gradation does not have to take place between lines that are perpendicular to the page.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/transition-region.png