Re: [css3-background] border-radius color transitions using gradients recommended but undefined

Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com> wrote:
> There are actually not too many alternatives.
>
> The most viable solution is to a) use conic gradient

How are you drawing the conic gradients?  I've not been able to find
them as an accelerated primitive on any common OS.

> Using method (B):
> http://www.terrainformatica.com/w3/round-corners-sciter-b.png
>
> And for the record the same but using method (A) on the figure above:
> http://www.terrainformatica.com/w3/round-corners-sciter.png
>
> Note case #10. (B) variant I think is least controversial.

I don't think either of the options you have presented is the correct
rendering for case #10.  I think that when the inner edge has a sharp
corner, the point of the cone should always be at the corner, even when
that's not a corner of the outer bounding box of the transition area.
And I think the gradient should probably be limited to the dark green
region in "case D" here:

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/transition-region.png

but I might be persuaded that it should extend to the limits of the
light green region with the point of the cone remaining at the inner
corner (i.e. equivalent to your current case 10 rendering but with the
point of the cone moved). Is it practical for you to redraw your "case
10" under both of those rules and post the result?

zw