Re: radial-gradient() proposal

On 06/11/2009, at 9:35 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org
> > wrote:
>> Wouldn't it make more sense for the default start point to be "top
>> center"
>> so that the default is a vertical gradient, like with Tab's
>> proposal? There
>> seem to be far more vertical gradients than diagonal gradients on
>> the Web.
>
> That was precisely what I was told when I last asked - vertical
> gradients seem to be the most common.

Yeah, good point.

linear-gradient(yellow, blue) - horizontal from top to bottom

To me, the next most important thing is that the examples below make
sense:

linear-gradient(left, right, yellow, blue) - should be horizontal
linear-gradient(top, bottom, yellow, blue) - should be vertical

I'd suggest these are going to be by far the most common, so they
should be simple to understand and make sense when read (aloud).

Dean