Re: radial-gradient() proposal

[cc'ing my reply to whole list, assuming you meant to do the same...]

I think that clockwise rotation makes total sense when actually
rotating something, instead of indicating a linear direction. But for
linear directions, I think that there is not really anything that is
turning.

Thus using .25turn instead of 90deg for a linear-gradient direction
feels a little unnatural to me (even though it means the same to CSS),
because nothing is turning aside from a point of reference. For just
indication a straight direction, the protractor directions seem most
intuitive. Like this (showing degrees and radians, and with 0 going to
the right, and 90 going straight up):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Degree-Radian_Conversion.svg

Here is a Java applet from a math site, which shows directional
arrows, and the resulting angles:

http://www.mathopenref.com/degrees.html