Re: [css3-background] does border-radius round the border-image ?

On Jan 12, 2009, at 1:31 PM, Brad Kemper wrote:
>> Perhaps an expansion to the spec here would be useful, as I can see
>> reason for both scenarios to co-exist rather than one being dropped
>> in favor of the other.
>
> Can you give an example of where you would see a reason for the
> background to continue under the border when background-clip:
> padding-edge is used?

Any scenario where your background is tailored more directly to the
(flow of the) text or content within the box, but you explicitly have
padding on it for legibility purposes or something alike.

I think the real challenge here is figuring out how to handle the new
paradigm of having visually rounded corners / edges to a box, but
still a rectangular "real" box that represents that content. Whether
one implementation's scenario is more likely or more common than the
other is less relevant in my opinion, as that issue persists in either
case. It's just an extension of that problem, really.

And no I don't really have an idea for a solution on this (yet?) ;-)

Faruk