Re: Styling by attribute-based association?

Daniel Glazman wrote:

> David Hyatt wrote:
>>
>> Another (IMO simpler) idea would be to just have label match the same
>> pseudo-classes that the control does, i.e., if a checkbox is :checked,
>> then the label can match :checked too.  Same for :disabled, :enabled,
>> :indeterminate, and :focus.  I don't see any reason to introduce new
>> selectors to solve this problem.
>
> Let's go back in time for a second since this issue was raised precisely
> 3 years ago : my opinion as both Selectors' editor and CSS WG
> co-chairman is that this issue is outside of the scope of the CSS
> Working Group and it's up to the markup language to state that this or
> that state set on the control is mirrored onto the label having a
> |for| attribute targeting that control. To summarize, it's IMHO an
> HTML5 issue.
> Of course, that's just me but I'll support that idea until my last drop
> of blood ;-)

The ultimate way of preventing CSS WG co-chairmans from perishing on
barricades:

1) Add 'checkbox' and 'radio' to the list of allowed values of
    the 'type' attribute of the <button>.
2) To enable CSS on the element.

So you can define this:

<button type="radio">Click Me!</button>
<button type="radio">Or Me!</button>

without the need of that artificial label thing at all.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com