On Nov 13, 2008, at 9:36 AM, Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk> wrote:

> If I have to deal with "licensing crap" in
> order to be able to use (say) Zapfino on
> the web, then so be it : far far better to
> deal with "licensing crap" in order to be
> able to use a font crafted by a master

The point, that a certain amount of licensing crap may be acceptable
in order to get the font you want, is not contended in Tab's
assertions that you are replying to. His point, and mine, is that if
we have to deal with a a somewhat lesser font in order to get the
general typographical design character we are looking for, due to the
unavailability of "professional" fonts, then that is better than our
previous options of only using preinstalled fonts.

Far better to have a font that more closely approaches the look of
Zapfino, than to have to resort to Chancery and Vivaldi in it's stead.