Re: Proposal for current Link Pseudo-class

On Nov 16, 2007, at 4:54 PM, David Woolley wrote:

> Jason Cranford Teague wrote:
>> *CSS 3 Recommendation*
>> *Current Link Pseudo-class Selector*
>
> Except that the path component count is novel, this gets proposed at
> regular intervals.

If it get proposed regularly, then that indicates a strong need for
something like this.

>> conveniently style a link based on the clients current URI in order
>
> Which URI?  The basic problem is that a page often has more than one
> URI and the one that is in the address bar is not necessarily the
> one that is used in links within the page.

True, but often it is. Although not a perfect solution, I believe it
will satisfy the needs for a lot of designers, especially if the
pathing ability is included. I've discussed this proposal with several
Web designers and all of them immediately saw value in the idea.