From: Brad Kemper <brkemper@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Proposal of @ua
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 11:04:53 -0800

The one I proposed suggested being able to detect both the rendering
engine and the browser, so that one could also account for browser-
specific items, such as how form fields are drawn (different in
Camino than in FireFox, for instance). But I agree that the renderer
(Gecko, Webkit, Trident, etc.) is more important.

I never said that the entire UA string should be used, as that is
already hopelessly muddied. I suggested a media query that the
software could provide simple, honest values to, not something that
is derived from javascript or HTTP headers. We already have that.

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

Don't ask "Why is there road rage?"  Instead, ask
"Why NOT Road Rage?" or "Why Is There No Such
Thing as Fast Enough?"
<http://www.rossde.com/roadrage.html>