Re: [CSS-X] [cssom] Update on the CSSOM

Anne van Kesteren-2 wrote:

> Comments welcome (please prefix the subject with [cssom]), but please note
> the status of the draft. It will change.

About offset*:
"The offsetLeft attribute of Element node A must be the number of pixels
that the top border edge of A is to the right of the top border edge of
A.offsetParent. If A.offsetParent is null or represents the body element it
must be the number of pixels that the top border edge of A is to the right
of the origin (0,0) of the initial containing block."

My tests with Firefox 2.0 consistently produces an offsetLeft measuring from
A's border edge to A.offsetParent's *padding* edge (and not border edge).
Who is right?
(Or do you mean the "inside edge" of A.offsetParent's border? ;-)

Best regards
Mike Wilson