RE: CSS3 Text - Edit suggestions

> Just so.  For example, Mongolian (strongly top-to-bottom) is rotated
> clockwise to embed it in Arabic script, but counterclockwise to
> embed it in Cyrillic or Latin script.

Please provide an illustration of this assertion. Any modern cases I
have seen the horizontal Mongolian text reads from left-to-right, while
Arabic reads from right-to-left.

I have seen cases of ancient books where the Arabic baseline was rotated
180 degrees so the Arabic text hung from top of the page to the bottom.
However, any current day printings have Arabic script sharing a baseline
oriented with Mongolian and English so it pushes from bottom to top.

In fact, line-height is a concept of ascender + descender + leading.
Regardless of the escapement or glyph orientation of the line the
ascender is from the baseline to the ascent and from the baseline to the
descent.

Paul