Re: specificity, user style sheets and SVG

Chris,

as you will be aware, adobe's support for ASV has lapsed for some time.
I'm not aware that it ever included users style sheets, or user agent
style sheets.
however if someone knows different, it has some kind of historical
interest.

It seems that support for user style sheet in SVG is at best
extremely patchy.

cheers

Jonathan Chetwynd

On 9 Feb 2007, at 20:59, Chris Lilley wrote:

On Friday, February 9, 2007, 9:34:04 PM, Jonathan wrote:

JC> regarding IE5.2 bear in mind this is on OS X.

Ah, I had made an incorrect assumption.

However, Mac IE5 was excellent, much better than Win IE5, and had
support for user style sheets. It had no SVG support, though - I think
what you are seeing is that style sheet info is not being passed to
plugins.

JC>  ASV is fine , but all
JC> style sheets appear greyed out, which is weird given one is in a
JC> dialogue searching for a user style sheet. However it may be that
JC> this was a result of limited MS support for IE on OS X.

I think you would be better looking for how to tell ASV where your
style sheet is, not the HTML browser thats hosting the plugin.

  Interaction Domain Leader
  Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
  W3C Graphics Activity Lead
  Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG