[css3-multicol], [css3-gcpm] float: mid-column Re: multicolumn layouts with text wrapping around cross boundary dives

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 09:32:54AM -0700, Alex Mogilevsky wrote:
> Actually floats moved out of multi-column module because they overlap
> with floats in GCPM. GCPM floats are intended to cover all scenarios
> included in earlier drafts of multi-column.

[Reads abstract of http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-gcpm/]

Wow... I'd never have guessed that all that stuff was there based
on the title "Generated Content for Paged Media".  Thanks for the
reference.

css3-multicol:

  I suggest referring readers to css3-gcpm from css3-multicol, e.g. in
  section 7 ‘Spanning columns’.  css3-gcpm is already listed as a
  dependency of css3-multicol, but isn't mentioned anywhere within the
  main text.

css3-gcpm:

  (I'd also be inclined to change the name of css3-gcpm so that people
  looking for spanning or footnote or sidenote floats or hyphenation etc.
  are more likely to find the right CSS module; though I suppose it's too
  late for that now, and I haven't actually thought about a better name.
  I don't suppose we could move some of these to different modules, like
  hyphenation to css3-text (which already has §4.2 ‘Hyphenation’ with a
  pointer to css3-gcpm), and §14 ‘Advanced multi-column layout’ to
  css3-multicol ?  Excuse the naïveté of such suggestions.)

pjrm.