Re: Regarding Comma Separation

On Jan 16, 2006, at 9:41 AM, Ben Ward wrote:

> Using commas for background-image specifies _additional_ images while
> using commas in font-family specifies _fallback_ typefaces.

I'm not sure it's all that inconsistent actually.  For example, when
you specify multiple fallback fonts, you are creating a situation
where a run of text could render with glyphs from any or all of the
fonts in the list.  In practice this doesn't happen that often, but
the reality is that a fallback list can really result in a "multiple
font' rendering for a given run of text.

dave