Re: Regarding Comma Separation

On 1/16/06, HeroreV <herorev@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Another possibility would be to specify different
> backgrounds in separate properties.
>   p {
>     background: yellow url(alpha.png);
>   }
>   p.special {
>     background(2): url(beta.png);
>   }

Strangely enough, that's the exact idea I had when I first read
through multiple backgrounds. The thing is though, it's a whole new
concept for CSS, and changes the data structure of an existing
property.

At the moment background-image is a sting, but using an indexed syntax
changes it to an array. That's hugely relevant to DOM Scripting (and I
suspect also to the internals of existing web browsers). It's not
backwards compatible with the 'old' background property, so it's
really not an option.

Ben