Re: Browsers will never get it right [was Re:Blocked-base parsing?]

Laurens Holst wrote:

>>> Let's also study why lame VHS killed superior Betamax, ok?
>>
>> I'm fairly positive it has something to do with VHS holding 6 hours
>> and Betamax only holding 2. Though I could be wrong. Superiority is
>> determined by the market.
>
> No, it had to do with the fact that Philips did not allow porn to be
> released for the Betamax.

More seriously: no, superiority is NOT determined by the market. Success is.
Betamax was superior to VHS and still is.

So I think your original "we'll see that client side CSS and Javascript isn't a
good solution" is just pure nonsense - and deep utopia. (yes, I perfectly got
the context of that quote)

</Daniel>