Re: Browsers will never get [block based parsing] right

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 06:03:51PM +0300, Mikko Rantalainen wrote:
> Sure, @required wouldn't fix all the issues in the world, not even
> all the issues we have when we combine CSS and HTML, but it does
> give us (style authors) a few more tools to fight the UA bugs.

Can @required be implemented in such a way that it is useful with
browsers that don't understand it, or do we have to wait until all
CSS-capable browsers implement @required before we start using it?

Because it seems to me that a naïve implementation (or design), i.e.:

@required {
  color: black;
  background: white;
}

would actually result in none of the rules being applied in today's
UA's. Or am I mistaken?

Regards,
Malcolm