Re: [CSS21] Please endorse xml:id

Robin Berjon wrote:

> Norm's request is extremely reasonable, I would say even too much so.
> The CSS spec already acknowledges the existences of implementations
> applying it to specific tree technologies (not the christmas tree I'm
> sorry to notice, but what the heck). All he said was *if* an
> implementation applies CSS to XML, then it SHOULD (I would very
> definitely say MUST), use xml:id.

If you changed that to "All he said was *if* an implementation applies
CSS to XML, *and* it supports xml:id, then it SHOULD (I would very
definitely say MUST), use xml:id." it would be acceptable, although
perhaps misplaced :). However I agree that CSS has no say in whether an
XML application that supports CSS should also support xml:id or not,
just like it mustn’t specify that an HTML application must support the
class attribute.

~Grauw