Re: [CSS21] Replaced elements and :before/:after

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> The only relevant mail I see in the www-style archive is the (short)
> thread starting with
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2004Feb/0289.html>.  I
> see nothing relevant newer than that in other archives (though the
> search was not that thorough, I have to admit).

Ah yes. Now that I have the date I have been able to fine the resolution
in our minutes. This was discussed at the W3C plenary in early 2004. The
resolution was to define this in CSS3, because we're not sure what it
should do, and to wait for implementation experience in the meantime.

> If that's all there was, then it seems the resolution might have been
> "keep mum".  If so, I'd like to request the resolution be changed to
> "explicitly say behavior is undefined".... ;)

I've noted the issue in our issues list. However, it is too late to catch
the latest edition cycle, as we're in the process of publishing the next
draft as we speak.