Re: [CSS21] Test Suite

On Friday, July 23, 2004, 11:47:09 PM, Thomas wrote:

TS> Long time ago, when Opera 7.0 implemented The Switch, I asked for a method
TS> to prevent quirks mode in all circumstences. I never got an answer. A
TS> simple
TS> /*--quirks:never--*/ had been enough. No luck.

They might not have answered but they did implement it

http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/doctype/index.dml

Overriding the DOCTYPE Switch

Normally the DOCTYPE Switch determines which mode is used, but you can
set Opera to always use Standards Mode or always use Quirks Mode by
setting one of these lines in the opera6.ini file:

Always Quirks Mode:
CompatMode Override=1
Always Standards Mode:
CompatMode Override=2

If you design Web pages, setting Opera to always using Standards Mode
will help you see how a page will look like in a browser not supporting
DOCTYPE switching.

BTW does this mean that Opera6 (eg on mobile phones and PDAs) does not
do DOCTYPE switching?

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group