Re: [CSS21] Test Suite

Chris Lilley wrote:

> On Friday, July 23, 2004, 11:47:09 PM, Thomas wrote:
>
> TS> Long time ago, when Opera 7.0 implemented The Switch, I asked for a
> method to prevent quirks mode in all circumstences.
>
> They might not have answered but they did implement it
>
> http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/doctype/index.dml

Uhm, I know about this, but it doesn't help me as a developer when my
pages are seen though the google cache or other when other little are made
in my markup.
And I really don't accept that I'm forced to use the URI in a document
type declaration with »PUBLIC« in its name. That's nonsense.

> BTW does this mean that Opera6 (eg on mobile phones and PDAs) does not
> do DOCTYPE switching?

Yes.

Thomas

--