Re: [css3-cascade] Proposed property: rule( sSelector );

Chris Moschini wrote:
> Thanks. I think it can also help alleviate the common gripe CSS users have of
> "there is no not() selector"

I assume this not() selector would not do the same thing as the :not()
pseudo-class in CSS3 Selectors does?

> I think that the rule() function (or property) would obey the normal CSS rules
> of cascade and specificity with the addition that selectors called through rule()
> are less specific than properties at the same level, thus, given:

So this "rule" thing is cumulative, then?  In other words, any rule that
matches an element and has this "rule" construct makes more rules match
the element.  Except at a different point in the cascade.... right?

-Boris