Re: [css3-cascade] Proposed property: rule( sSelector );

Chris Moschini wrote:

> I'm stating the CSS3 Cascading and Inheritance module but it may be more appropriate elsewhere, even on its own... .
>
> I'd like to propose as an addition to CSS3 the ability to apply another selector in a selector's definition. That is:
>
> p.section { rule( "div.section" ); }
>
> Let's say I had a p tag with class "section". This tag would be styled with whatever rules the Cascade applies to div.section.
>
> A rule like this would reduce the primary reason I see for bloat in existing CSS usage, with the exception of gratuitous browser hacks.

Hum. I think I yet have to find the difference between

div.section { xxxxxxx }
p.section   { rule("div.section");  yyyy }

and

div.section, p.section { xxxxxx }
p.section { yyyyy }

so my primary reaction is that this is not needed at all.
My secondary reaction is that it changes completely the model of what is a CSS declaration
and I don't like that at all.
My third reaction is that I don't find at all the 1st css chunk above less bloated than
the second one, sorry.

</Daniel>