Re: Scrollbar CSS representation [Re: Proposal]

Vladimir Plessky wrote:

> On Saturday 22 September 2001 15:42, Rock Lyrics Page wrote:
> |   I would like to propose that in CSS 3 you make the Colored
Scrollbar
> | Valid. Internet Explorer accepts it so why not make it legal.
[...]
> Just a moment, please...
> Why do you suggest that scrolbar has "face-color", "shadow-color",
> "highlight-color", etc.?
> I do not think that W3C should follow "microsoft" model in drawing
scrolbars.
[...]
> I guess scrollbar should be handled in the same way as current CSS
box.
> model, with some exceptions and, may be, additions :

The scrollbar should always and ever be a product of the user agent.
Both the original suggestion (the painfully ignorant "Internet
Explorer accepts it so why not make it legal.") and the ostensible
improvement are needless and baseless.

There are just some things that CSS should not do, full stop.

--
Etan Wexler