Re: CSS3: margins

* fantasai wrote:
>http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-css3-box-20010726/
>  |  'Margin-inside' and 'margin-outside' are aliases for 'margin-left'
>  |  or 'margin-right', depending on the current medium:
>  |    * in paged media [link], 'margin-inside' sets 'margin-left' for
>  |      those parts of an element that fall on a right-hand page and
>  |      'margin-right' for the parts on a left-hand page. 'Margin-outside'
>  |       is the reverse.
>  |    * in other media, 'margin-inside' is an alias for 'margin-left' and
>  |      'margin-outside' for 'margin-right'.
>  |  Note: "inside" refers to the side of a page close to the binding,
>  |  "outside" to the side where the book opens.
>  | [Do we really need margin-inside & margin-outside, or is 'page:left'
>  |  enough?]
>
>I think margin-inside/margin-outside would only be useful for
>the outermost element in printed material.

I.e. they would only apply to the :root { } element, but I think it
would be simpler to give margin-left/margin-right different semantics
depending on the page setting as noted above.

>margin-start and margin-end would be very helpful, though. :)

I am note sure what these properties are supposed to define? Margins
start at the border and end at margin <length>.