RE: Is there a way...

On Wednesday, April 11, 2001 10:32 AM, Sue Sims [mailto:sue@opera.com]
wrote:

> >> Underscores are not allowed in class names.
> >> I suggest using a hyphen instead.
>
> >Actually as of last week they are. :-|
>
> And why was that change made? I don't recall seeing discussion of it
> here.

Back on 12/7/1999, this was discussed in the thread entitled
"background-Image Problem with Netscape Communicator 4.7" [1], in which
Peter S. Linss stated[2]:

> I brought this up as either a CSS2 errata item or a CSS3 extension (don't
> remember which) but underscores should be considered legal in identifiers
> shortly. With that in mind, Mozilla already supports them.

You also commented on that thread.[3] :-)

-Tom

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/1999Dec/0043.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/1999Dec/0050.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/1999Dec/0055.html